Family Immigration

The sponsor can apply his/her spouse and unmarried children under the age of 18 to reside in Hong Kong. This program is also extended to the sponsor's parents, but they must be aged 60 or above. The sponsor must have a certain financial ground to support his/her dependent's daily life in Hong Kong.



Applicants must meet the following requirements:

  1. To prove the authenticity of the relationship with the sponsor
  2. The sponsor can prove that his financial ability is sufficient to take care of the dependents
  3. The sponsor can provide the dependent with proper accommodation
  4. No criminal records



Friendly reminder from Goldmax Consultants:

  • This program is not applicable for:
    • Chinese residents in the Mainland (unless their sponsors are admitted to work in Hong Kong or are enrolled in or under the “Capital Investment Entrant Scheme”, “Excellent Talent Immigration Scheme” or “Hong Kong Permanent Resident Second Generation Program for Chinese Input” Dependents;
    • Chinese residents who have the status of residence in other countries, such as the United States Green Card, Canada Maple Leaf Card, can also be excluded. Former residents of the Chinese mainland who have acquired a resident status in the Macao Special Administrative Region ("Macao Special Administrative Region") and are currently resident in the Macao Special Administrative Region outside the one-way permit scheme;
    • Afghan and North Korean nationals.