Family Immigration

A Canadian citizen or permanent resident (known as sponsor) can sponsor his/her spouse (ie, applicant), a child under the age of 22, or his/her parents to settle in Canada as long as they can provide sufficient assets or proof of income. After meeting the residing requirements, one can apply to become a Canadian citizen and obtain a Canadian passport. 



People who can be sponsored by Canadian citizen/Permanent Resident include:

  1. Spouse
  2. Children under the age of 22
  3. Parents



The sponsor must meet the following requirements:

  1. Provide dwelling for the applicant
  2. Provide sufficient assets or proof of income to prove the sponsor's ability to look after the applicant's settlement in Canada
  3. Living in Canada or intending to settle in Canada within a short period



Applicants must meet the following requirements:

  1. Provide proof of relationship with the sponsor



Special case sharing:



Friendly reminder from Goldmax Consultants:

  • In recent years, the Canadian Immigration Bureau are more rigorous in reviewing applicant's "Intention To Settle In Canada" for these sponsors who are residing outside Canada and will request more proofs when applying.